DMX passed on 9th April 2021 after being on life support for due to a heart attack. Here are some of the best quotes and sayings from DMX to cherish the good memories and vibes the legend has given us. RIP.
DMX also known as Dark Man X was one of the most popular rappers with his iconic music in the 90s and early 2000s. Apart from music he was also a passionate actor.
DMX aliasEarl Simmons was born on 18 December 1970 in New York. He had a rough childhood with his abusive parents. He was a christen by upbringings and a firm believer in god.
In 1991, he started his rapping career. During his entire rapping career, he realized 7 albums among which he realized his notable album in 1999 named “… And Then There Was X” which was his best-selling album. It includes his hit song “Party Up”. He also appeared in many films like Cradle 2 the Grave, Never Die Alone, and many more.
DMX also had many shares of controversies. He faced legal charges for drug possession, reckless driving, and animal abuse. For which he was also sentenced to jail. His wife also divorced him because of his non-marital affairs.
Here I have collected a list of some of the finest quotes by DMX.
DMX Best Quotes
1. I can reach people the average person can’t reach because I’m as grounded as I am.
2. Never become so involved with something that it blinds you. Never forget where you from; someone will remind you.
3. Do dirt, get dirt. So I treat people with the same respect that I want.in Interview with Jeff Otto of IGN
4. You can’t speak for the people unless you’re able to walk amongst the people. And how many of these rappers out here actually hang out with regular people?
5. Do the right thing cause after the tears come the cheers.
6. It is a waste of energy to think about what somebody else is doing and how they doing it. I’ma just do what I do.on XXL interview
7. You don’t come to terms with something before you do it. It’s only after you have done it that you realize, you know, maybe that wasn’t the best thing to do. Sometimes you gotta fall down to know the feeling to get up.
8. I have been the same dude my whole life.
9. Right, wrong, good, bad, heaven, hell. I think that is the theme of my life. I think you have to know both in order to honestly choose one. So I’m familiar with both sides of the fence.interview with Jeff Otto of IGN
10. I don’t like anything about Drake.DMX In Radio Interview
11. Don’t believe everything you hear, don’t believe everything you read and only believe half of what you see.
12. I was always a winner, but just didn’t know it.
13. The snake, the rat, the cat, the dog….. How are you gonna see ’em if you living in the fog?
14. Be careful of the ones that always wanna get you high, cause when the time comes, that one will let you die.lyrics of Angel song, album: ...And Then There Was X
15. The truth is undeniable. You tell somebody the truth, it’s undeniable.
16. Im a King. Regardless of what I’ve been through and what I’ve done, I present myself as a King. And I get that respect from people, from everybody I deal with. I worked my whole life to establish that respect and make sure I get that respect.
17. One thing about being a celebrity that I learned a long time ago was that I pretty much gave up the right to fair treatment.
18. There’s a difference between violence and senseless violence.
19. I’ll repent one day, just not right now.lyrics of F**kin' Wit song
20. Anything that’s not positive, I don’t have the energy to focus on it. Anything that’s not going in the right direction, I don’t have the time or the energy.
21. No matter how hard it rains, withstand the pain.lyrics of Ready To Meet Him song
22. If your heart was as big as your mouth you’d be real.
23. I am a personal type of person. I’ll speak when I have something to say, not ’cause someone just wants to know something.in Interview with Sway of MTV
24. I’ve got fans and letters from Israel, France Germany, Sweden, London, Africa. They all saying pretty much the same thing, ‘Yo, we love you, we need you, put some more music out, please!’
25. I need to say what’s in my heart, and you call it a style.
26. The minute you get too big to mop a floor or wipe a counter, that’s the exact minute you have life f**ked up.
27. I am not an industry artist – I am an artist in the industry.
28. Look in my eyes, see what I see Do what I do, be what I be Walk in my shoes, hurt your feet Then know why I do dirt in the street.
29. The toughest guys have the biggest hearts. The biggest hearts – because they have to be tough to protect it.
30. When I am at home, I don’t discuss business. I don’t talk about business. I don’t answer the phone. It’s just me, my wife, my children, my dogs. That’s my world. We go out, take a ride in one of the low riders or something. A totally different person than when I’m working. But the work comes to some headaches.
31. The places that I’ve been, the things that I have seen – what you have as nightmares, are what I have as dreams.
DMX quotes on God
32. The curse turned to grace when the hurt turned to faith.
33. I just find myself happy with the simple things. Appreciating the blessings God gave me.
34. I am highly favoured by God, I experience great victories, supernatural turnarounds, and miraculous breakthroughs in the midst of great impossibilities.
35. With the Lord behind us there ain’t nothing we can’t do.
36. Times are hard in the ghetto, I gotta steal for a living; Eating turkey-flavored Now and Laters for Thanksgiving.
37. Every day, I get closer to God. Every day, my will to do the right thing gets stronger.
38. I’m a blessing to whoever gets to really know me.
39. My relationship with God has gotten so much stronger. He’s always had his hand on me. He always guided me. I didn’t always go where he wanted me to go. But He always had me. Now that I’m actually listening and being obedient, life is so much better.
40. You gave us power in our words, so I think before I speak, and that way when I speak, they know I’m here to teach.
41. I stand before you a weekend version of your reflection begging for direction, for my soul needs resurrection.
If you liked some of the quotes do share with your rapper friends and if you know any quotes from DMX do share with us in the comments below.