Mother Daughter quotes are perfect to show each other how precious they are to one another.
The bond between mother and daughter is unique at the same time unbreakable. Every mother sees her reflection in their daughter and wants her girl to be a better version of herself.
Mother teaches their daughter how to be brave and courageous. daughters learns what is unconditional love and caring is from their mom.
As years grow, there will be complications and fights but one thing that always remains the same is the love for each other.
I have gathered more than 200 quotes for you to choose from to express your love to one another without feeling uneasy. Pick the best ones ranging from funny to inspirational mother daughter quotes to wish Happy Mother’s Day, Happy birthday or just in general to show your affection.
Mother Daughter Quotes
- The older I get, the more I see The power of that young woman, my mother. -Sharon Olds
2. Someday when the pages of my life end, I know that you will be one of the most beautiful chapters. – Unknown
3. I like it when my mother smiles. And I especially like it when I make her smile. – Adriana Trigiani
4. The greatest gift every mother can have is a daughter. Someone who sings with her, who helps in cleaning the house and someone, she can be with her most of the time. – Unknown
5. The first lesson every child of Athena learned: Mom was the best at everything, and you should never, ever suggest otherwise. – Rick Riordan
6. Words are not enough to express the unconditional love that exists between a mother and a daughter. – Caitlin Houston.
7. Of course, mothers and daughters with strong personalities might see the world from very different points of view. – Katherine Howe
8. The special bond shared between a mother and daughter is the one place in all the world were hearts can be sure of each other. Like branches on a tree, we may grow in different directions, but our roots remain one. – Unknown
9. Mother and daughter never truly part, maybe in distance but never in heart. – Unknown
10. A mother is the only person in the world, who can turn daughter’s worries and fears into happiness. – Unknown
11.Daughters are little girls that grow up to become your best friend. – Unknown
12. A daughter without her mother is a woman broken. It is a loss that turns to arthritis and settles deep into her bones. – Kristin Hannah
13. Happiness is mother and daughter time. – unknown
14. It’s a special bond that spans the years. Through laughter, worry, smiles and tears. A sense of trust that can’t be broken, a depth of love sometimes unspoken. A lifelong friendship built on sharing. Hugs and kisses, warmth and caring. Mother and daughter, their hearts as one – a link that can never be undone. – Unknown
15. There is no one right way to have a relationship there are as many ways as there are mothers and daughters. Each relationship is unique. – Judy Ford
16. A daughter is a mother’s greatest treasure. ~ Catherine Pulsifer
17. My daughter is my biggest achievement. She is a little star and my life has changed so much for the better since she came along. – Denise Van Outen
18. We laugh, we cry, we make time fly… We are best friends, my mom and I.
19. If I could give my daughter three things, it would be the confidence to always know her self-worth, the strength to chase her dreams, and the ability to know how truly, deeply loved she is. – Unknown
20. A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart. – Unknown
21. The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant. ― Jane Sellman
22. As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her. ~ Kristin Hannah
23. There’s a reason some people think they can achieve anything. They listened to their mother. – Unknown
24. A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary. – Dorothy C. Fisher
25. I carry your heart with me everywhere I go, love you to the moon and back. – Unknown
26. Let me love you a little more before you’re not little anymore.
27. There is nothing more powerful than a mother’s love for her daughter and there is nothing more healing than daughter’s gratitude. – Unknown
28. A daughter is the biggest treasure for a mother and the mother is the biggest pride for a daughter.
29. The bond between a Mother and Daughter is like no other. They laugh, they cry, they fight, they hug tight. In the end, their heart and soul connection transcends the test of time. – Unknown
30. The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms. – Jodi Picoult
31. A daughter makes a mother’s life brighter and the mother makes daughter’s life warmer. – Unknown
32. Mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take. – Cardinal Mermillod
33. My mother wanted me to be her wings, to fly as she never quite had the courage to do. I love her for that. I love the fact that she wanted to give birth to her own wings. – Erica Jong
34. Life is tough my darling, but so are you. – Stephanie Bennet Henry
35. A daughter is a day brightener and a heart warmer.
36. Happiness is..seeing your mother smile because of you.
37. When life gets hard and you feel all alone, remember you mean the world to somebody, and that somebody calls you mom. – Unknown
38. I couldn’t ask for a better mom. Even in your flaws, I saw perfection.
39. There were times when…I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always. – Taylor Swift
40. From the moment they placed you in my arms, you snuggled right into my heart. – Unknown
41. I look back on my childhood and thank the stars above. For everything you gave me, but mostly for your love. ~ Wayne F. Winters
42. Mothers and daughters together are a powerful force to be reckoned with. – Melia Keeton-Digby
43. The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life the stronger the daughter. – Anita Diamant
44. A daughter is a mother’s gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of herself. And mothers are their daughters’ role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships. -Victoria Secunda
45. As for my girls, I’ll raise them to think they breathe fire. – Jessica Kirkland
46. Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together. – Susan Gale
47. The mother-daughter relationship is one of the most complexes of all types because the levels of expectations for love and understanding are so high. This high level of expectation often times leads to misunderstandings, mixed feelings, and, consequently suppressed communication. – Dr. Trevicia Williams
48. Mothers, look after your daughters, keep them near you, keep their confidence that they may be true and faithful. – Elmina S. Taylor
Mother To Daughter Quotes
49. To the world, you are a mother. To our family, you are the world.
50. I may not be perfect, but when I look at my children, I know that I got something in my life perfectly right. – Unknown
51. I am not a perfect mother and I will never be. You are not a perfect daughter and you will never be. But put us together and we will be the best mother and daughter we would ever be. -Zoraida Pesante
52. My daughters are the bouquet of my life. ~ Barbara W Bansley
53. You are precious in every way, the sunshine in my day; the joy in my soul, and the love of my life. – Unknown
54. While we have had our differences I wouldn’t trade my daughter for anything or anyone else in the world. She has made a tremendous positive difference in my life. – Kate Summers
55. My daughter may be grown up, but she will always be my baby. -unknown
56. In times of need, and in times of tears, in times of joy and in times of fears… there is mom. The one person who is always there. ~ Heather Stillufsen
57. To my beautiful daughter, always remember: you are brave, you are capable, you are pretty, and you can accomplish ANYTHING your heart desires! I know this because I am your mother. – Unknown
58. And though she be but little, she is fierce. – William Shakespeare
59. I will hold you up when you can’t stand, I will wipe away your tears when you cry. I will fight for you when you give up, and I will love you forever and always. – Unknown
60. Being a mom might mean that my hands are full, but so is my heart.
61. Dear Daughter, if I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes. – Unknown
62. My Daughter is super amazing and I’m the lucky one because I get to be her Momma.
63. Daughter, I want you to forgive easily, laugh loudly and never allow yourself to become the invisible, silent woman that your mother was. Daughter, this is how we soften our hearts and become better human beings. – Diriye Osman
64. You’re my treasure in life. I’ve done many wrong things in life, but one thing which I’ve made right is that I gave birth to you. – Unknown
65. Dear Daughter, don’t concern yourself with fitting into glass slippers. Think instead of shattering glass ceilings. – Unknown
66. The woman who is my best friend, my teacher, my everything: Mom. – Sandra Vischer
67. A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous…full of beauty and forever beautiful…loving and caring and truly amazing. – Deanna Beisser
68. I am proud of many things in life but nothing beats being a mother of such a girl.
69. I love you for the little girl that you once were, for the amazing woman you are today, and for the precious daughter that you will always be. – Unknown
70. You will always be the miracle that makes my life complete. – Unknown
71. I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright. I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more. I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive. I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger. I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting. I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess. I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye. I wish you enough. ~ Bob Perkins
72. I did not give you the gift of life, life gave me the gift of you.
73. Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of. – Bethany Hamilton
74. You are the most beautiful thing I keep inside my heart.
75. To my daughter. Never forget that I love you. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can. Be the woman I know you can be. – Unknown
76. I will protect you until you are grown and then I will let you fly free. But loving you, that is for always.
77. Darling, it doesn’t matter where you go, I will always be with you, encouraging you when you feel down and sharing happiness with you. – Unknown
78. I want my daughter to believe deep in her heart that she is capable of achieving anything she puts her mind to. – Unknown
79. Dear Daughter, I wish you the strength to face challenges with confidence, along with the wisdom to choose your battles carefully. I wish you adventure on your journey and may you always stop to help someone along the way. Listen to your heart and take risks carefully. Remember how much you are loved. I am so proud of you. Love Mom. – Unknown
80. My highest hope for her is just that she has the fearlessness to always be her authentic self, no matter what she thinks men want her to be. – Channing Tatum
Best Daughter To Mother Quotes
81. No matter how old she may be, sometimes a girl just needs her mom.
82. I am a princess not because I have a prince, but because my mother is a queen. – Unknown
83. I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine. She helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights. ~ Terri Guillemets
84. No influence is so powerful as that of the mother. ― Sarah Josepha Hale
85. My mother was like sand. The kind that warms you on a beach when you come shivering out of the cold water. The kind that clings to your body, leaving its impression on your skin to remind you where you’ve been and where you’ve come from. – Clare Vanderpool
86. I got almost eighteen years with you. The best eighteen years of my life. – Kristen Simmons
87. One of the most important relationships we’ll have is the relationship we have with our mothers. – Iyanla Vanzant
88. My mom taught me a woman’s mind should be the most beautiful part of her. – Sonya Teclai
89. A mother… sees all, says little. Sacrifices all complain little. Gives all, expects little. All she wants is her child to be happy that’s what I’ve learned from all these years. Thanks for everything, love you, mom! – Unknown
90. Mom, everything I am, you helped me to be.
91. If you ever feel like giving up, just remember there is a little girl watching who wants to be just like you. – Unknown
92. I see my mother exactly as she is – sad and strong, tense and trying. – Corey Ann Haydu
93. No matter how old you are, you always want your mother’s love and acceptance. I guess I’m hoping one day I’ll get it back. – Hilary Grossman
94. Mom, thank you for being my anchor in this stormy sea of life.
95. On this walk, I’d had so much time and space to actually figure out who I was without my mother’s influence. I understood now: the things that my mother had found made her happy we’re not the same as the things that made me happy. And I understood: that was okay. – Aspen Matis
96. If my life had to be fit in a single selfie, it would be incomplete without my mommy. I love you, mom!
97. Dear Mom, you were first my mother, but you are now my friend forever. -unknown
98. Maybe I stepped into the skin my mother left behind and became the girl my mother had been, the one she still wanted to be. – Laura Kasischke
99. My mother, she is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her. – Jodi Picoult
100. Moms are the people who do the work of twenty and do it for free. – Unknown
101. As they get older, our daughters become more and more like us too. The little girl who wanted to be just like her mommy, wearing matching nightgowns, turned into the somewhat disdainful teenager who wanted to create her own identity, and then turned into the young adult who smiles when she is told ‘you are just like your mother.’ – Amy Newmark
102. Everybody wants to save the earth, nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes. – Unknown
103. I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know. – Unknown
104. A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavour by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. -Washington Irving
105. First my mother, forever my friend.
106. A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, “Where mother is”. ~ Keith L. Brooks
107. Even though we fight and drive each other crazy, we now have this little reminder that our love for one another is greater than anything in this world. – Unknown
108. Every day I become a little bit more like my mother… and I couldn’t be prouder. ― Anonymous
109. I am a strong woman because a strong woman raised me. – Unknown
110. Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love have guided me and given me wings to fly. – Sarah Malin
111. My mom smiled at me. Her smile kind of hugged me. – R.J. Palacio
Funny Quotes About Mother And Daughter
112. Daughters are like flowers, they fill the world with beauty, and sometimes attract pests.
113. To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow. – Maya Angelou
114. If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? – Milton Berle
115. Of all the haunting moments of motherhood, few rank with hearing your own words come out of your daughter’s mouth. ~ Victoria Secunda
116. Now, as always, the most automated appliance in a household is the mother. ― Beverly Jones
117. Mother. One person who does the work of twenty. For free. – Unknown
118. To the daughter who likes to argue with me. Where do you think your attitude comes from? Give it up. I have decades more experience than you do! – Unknown
119. My daughter is either my best friend, or Satan. There is no in between. – Unknown
120. My mother is not evil. She is just a perfectly sensible snake, protecting her eggs and making her way in the world as best she can. – Frances Hardinge
121. Any mother could perform the jobs of Several air-traffic controllers with ease. ― Lisa Alther
122. I told my mom she was invading my personal space and she said I came out of her personal space. – Unknown
123. A daughter is God’s way of saying, “thought you could use a lifelong friend.” – Unknown
124. Having a little girl has been like following an old treasure map with the important paths torn away. – Heather Gudenkauf
125. Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a Mother. – Unknown
126. Every mother hopes that her daughter will marry a better man than she did, and is convinced that her son will never find a wife as good as his father did. – Martin Andersen-Nexö
127. I look at my mom and think, what would I do without this woman? – Unknown
128. Mom: What do you think I am, made of money?
Daughter: Isn’t that what MOM stands for?
129. What’s it like to have the greatest daughter in the world? I don’t know ask your grandmother. – Unknown
130. My mom is literally a part of me. You can’t say that about many people except relatives, and organ donors. – Carrie Latet
131. If at first you don’t succeed, try doing it the way mom told you in the beginning. – Unknown
132. I could never love anyone the way I love you, I used to tell my wife. And then the second I looked in that baby’s eyes, in that exact moment, that if we were ever under attack, I would use my wife as a human shield to protect that baby. – Ryan Reynolds
133. A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled. ~ Emily Dickinson
134. A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s. ~ Princess Diana
135. Never make fun of having to help me with computer stuff. I taught you how to use a spoon.
Inspirational Motherhood Quotes
136. Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. ~ Robert Browning
137. A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future. – Unknown
138. A mom’s hug lasts long after she lets go. – Unknown
139. Someone once told me that when you give birth to a daughter, you’ve just met the person whose hand you’ll be holding the day you die. ― Jodi Picoult
140. Her laugh is infectious. Her smile always makes me smile. Her heart is true and pure. But what I love the most is that she is my daughter. – Unknown
141. Daughters are miracles that will never cease to be miraculous. – Unknown
142. If I’ve learned anything as a mom with a daughter who’s three, I’ve learned that you cannot judge the way another person is raising their kid. Everybody is just doing the best they can. It’s hard to be a mom.
― Maggie Gyllenhaal
143. A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future. – Unknown
144. A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path. – Agatha Christie
145. Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. – Oprah Winfrey
146. I don’t want my children to follow in my footsteps. I want them to take the path next to me and go further than I could have ever dreamt possible. – Unknown
147. Thank you for being the answer to the prayer I hadn’t realized I asked for. – Marisa Donnelly
148. Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together. ― Pearl S. Buck
149. Of all the haunting moments of motherhood, few ranks with hearing your own words come out of your daughter’s mouth. – Victoria Secunda
150. A mother’s love reaches far beyond circumstances and feelings, it sees past flaws and imperfections, and celebrates God’s gift of love, sent from heaven in the form of a child. – Unknown
151. Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work. ~ C.S. Lewis
152. I don’t want my children to follow in my footsteps. I want them to take the path next to me and go further than I could have ever dreamt possible. – Unknown
153. Motherhood is difficult and rewarding. – Unknown
154. A mother teaches her daughter how to feel about herself, about handling pressure, about relishing life’s joys and conquering fears. – Melissa Harrison
155. The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms your children. – Unknown
156. A mother. When you’re a child she walks before you, to set an example. When you’re a teenager she walks behind you, to be there should you need her. When you’re an adult she walks beside you, so that as two friends you can enjoy life together. – Unknown
157. Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation. – Robert A. Heinlein
158. We, mothers, are learning to mark our mothering success by our daughters’ lengthening flight. – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
159. Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field since the payment is pure love. – Mildred Vermont
160. There is nothing as powerful as mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul. – Unknown
161. My mother did not want to go to America: this much I knew. I knew it by the way she became distracted and impatient with my sister, by the way she stopped tucking us into bed at night. I knew it from watching her feet, which began to shuffle after my father announced the move, as though they threw down invisible roots that needed to be pulled out with each step. – Catherine Chung
162. You’re a very special lady, who showered me with love I am thankful for you as I’ve told God above. – Charly Lester
163. The biggest surprise about motherhood was how completely and totally it changed how I look at myself, and what I believe I deserve, for the better. – Unknown
164. Moms hold their children’s hands for a while, but their hearts forever. – Unknown
165. Being a mother and grandmother is the best of the best in my life. My grandchildren multiply the joy my daughters bring me. ~ Alexandra Stoddard
166. Good daughters make good mothers.
167. Since I’ve heard your first scream and saw your wonderful eyes, my heart has been stolen. And it was the prettiest thief I’ve ever seen. – Unknown
168. Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.
169. When a mother quarrels with a daughter, she has a double dose of unhappiness hers from the conflict, and empathy with her daughter’s from the conflict with her. Throughout her life, a mother retains this special need to maintain a good relationship with her daughter. – Unknown
170. You know you’re a mom when you go to the store for yourself, and come out with bags full of things for your kids.
171. I wonder if other mothers feel a tug at their insides, watching their children grow up into the people they themselves wanted so badly to be. ― Jodi Picoult
172. A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart. – Unknown
173. It’s your job as a parent to help your daughter identify her purpose, develop her talents, and learn how to get along with people. It’s not a high-paying or cushy job, but it is extremely rewarding and, in our opinion, one of the most important jobs you’ll ever do. – Mary Anne Richey
174. Being a mother is learning about the strengths you didn’t know you had… and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed. ~ Linda Wooten
175. God could not be everywhere, therefore he made mothers. – Jewish Proverb
176. A mother’s love is like an everlasting bed of roses, that continues to blossom. A mother’s love bears strength, comfort, healing, and warmth. Her beauty is compared to a sunny day that shines upon each rose petal and inspires hope. – Ellen J. Barrier
Comment down below how you feel about your loved ones and to share these quotes with your mother or daughter to lighten up her mood.
Check out: Best Madam CJ Walker Quotes