20 Best Quellcrist Falconer Quotes From Altered Carbon
The Netflix based Sci-fi show Altered carbon, set in a futuristic cyberpunk universe where death is no longer inevitable brings one of the best bada** character Quellcrist Falconer. Here is a collection of some of the most thought-provoking quotes from Quellcrist Falconer.
Quellcrist Falconer also knows as Quell was the one who invented the very first cortical stack. She was a writer and philosopher who cared about the poor ones. As the years passed and the higher class started doing injustice toward the poor people, she slowly started a rebellion against the meths and the government. She became the leader of the organisation called “Envoys”.
Throughout both the seasons of Altered Carbon and also in all the books, Quellcrist Falconer has some of the wisest quotes about life, justice and humanity.
Quellcrist Falconer Quotes
1. Rage at injustice is universal. The ability to strike back is not.
2. None of us gets what we deserve.
3. We are more than the sum of our intentions.
4. the true strength of the wolf isn’t fangs, speed and skill; it’s the pack. Whatever world you needle cast into, build a pack. Find ways to inspire loyalty.
5. Life has to have limits or we’re not human anymore.
6. Focus on what you care about most in this world, with every atom of your existence. Rip yourself open, and you can rip a hole in the virtual world. That is how you get back to the real.
7. If you take no risks, you win no victories.
8. Face the facts. Then act on them. It is the only mantra I know, the only doctrine I have to offer you, and it’s harder than you’d think because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don’t pray, don’t wish, don’t buy into centuries-old dogma and dead rhetoric. Don’t give in to your conditioning or your visions or your f**ked-up sense of… whatever. Face the Fact. Than act.
9. We aren’t meant to live forever. It corrupts even the best of us.
10. War is like any other bad relationship. Of course you want out, but at what price? And perhaps more importantly, once you get out, will you be any better off?
11. Without death we can’t know what a life is worth.
12. At its heart, violence is almost always, in one way or another, personal.
13. In any agenda, political or otherwise, there is a cost to be borne. Always ask what it is, and who will be paying. If you don’t, then the agenda makers will pick up the perfume of your silence like swamp panthers on the scent of blood, and the next thing you know, the person expected to bear the cost will be you. And you may not have what it takes to pay.
14. Let him believe you are weak – until the moment he discovers you are not.
15. You have to beat the player, not the game. There are some things you can’t kill your way out of.
16. This sleeve is a tool. It does not control me. I control it. This is the weakness of weapons. They are tools to kill and destroy. They are not what gives you power. You are the weapon. You are the killer and destroyer.
17. But virtual is like everything else. Assume nothing. Only then you can you truly see what you’re dealing with.
18. The best place to hide something from someone is the first place they look. If it’s obvious, no one looks close.
19. I have no excuses, least of all for God. Like all tyrants, he is not worthy of the spit you would waste on negotiations. The deal we have is infinitely simpler – I don’t call him to account, and he extends me the same courtesy.
20. The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.
21. The personal, as everyone’s so f**king fond of saying, is political. So if some idiot politician, some power player, tries to execute policies that harm you or those you care about, take it personally. Get angry. The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here – it is slow and cold, and it is theirs, hardware and soft. Only the little people suffer at the hands of Justice. The creatures of power slide out from under with a wink and a grin. If you want justice, you will have to claw it from them. Make it personal. Do as much damage as you can. Get your message across. That way you stand a far better chance of being taken seriously next time. Of being considered dangerous. And make no mistake about this: being taken seriously, being considered dangerous, marks the difference – the only difference in their eyes – between players and little people. Players, they will make deals with. Little people they liquidate. And time and again they cream your liquidation, your displacement, your torture and brutal execution with the ultimate insult that it’s just business, it’s politics, it’s the way of the world, it’s a tough life, and that it’s nothing personal. Well, f**k them. Make it personal.
If you liked some of the quotes do share with your friends and family and if you know any quotes from Quellcrist Falconer or from the show Altered Carbon do share with us in the comments below.